Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Silver Coin

I was sipping my Venti-sized Peppermint Java Chip Frappe while unconsciously writing my name on a piece of silver coin with the marker I accidentally brought from office when this beggar came into view. As the soft-heartened person that I am, I came out of the coffee shop and handed her several coins that I possessed and went back to work. Good environment, good people, good compensation but very bad management. That's the kind of company I have. I finished all my paper works and went on with my life.

____________________


I counted all the money I have and it totaled to an amount  enough to buy myself a good dinner and breakfast for tomorrow . Thanks to that good Samaritan who even went out to the coffee shop and gave me a big amount of money. I gave myself a mouthful dinner due to the hunger I've been experiencing for the past few days. I went back to the place I've been staying for several days now and slept with a big grin on my face. I woke up, had a meal and went on with my life.

____________________


I gave my son his tuition fee that has been accumulated  from the income I've earned from the food stall. Last night, a beggar came to the store and bought some food for dinner. I don't want to accept her payment due to pity but when I saw that she had enough money, I accepted her payment but gave her excessive food because I'm sure she's so hungry. Night came and my son presented to me the proof of his enrollment. I went to church the next day to thank Him and went on with my life.
____________________


I just received my salary from helping the teachers to organize yesterday's enrollment. I'm so thankful to Him and to all the students who enrolled this semester.  If they're not there, I would have not had an extra income. I treated myself a merienda. I paid my bill with the salary I've just received. I came out of the shop satisfied with what I ate. I walked along the streets searching for another part-time job to have another extra income. I bumped into this poster, had a "TING" in my head and went on with my life.

____________________


I went out of the office to breath some fresh air. I am pissed at work. I walked my way to my favorite coffee shop. I ordered my favorite drink. Venti-sized Peppermint Java Chip Frappe it is. I received my change and sat on the couch on the corner. I was counting my change when I saw this coin. It was the coin I've signed days ago. It was one of the coins I gave to the beggar outside the shop. I shift my gaze outside the shop where I saw the beggar and to my surprise, she's there again. I smiled with amazement,  got out of the shop, handed again several coins to her and went on with my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment